Housewife, Homemaker, Stay-at-home-Mom…
These are a few of the terms that are used to describe myself and millions of others.
Domestic Engineer, Home Engineer…
These terms fancy it up a bit, right?
But in truth, the typical responsibilities usually include:
- household management
- financial officer
- interior designer
- child development
- activities coordinator
- safety management
Why Homespun Engineer?
Because it’s ironic, an oxymoron, and because it fits.
I wasn’t formally trained to do what I have now been doing for MANY years. I had to figure it out as I went, for better or worse. Now, I want to share my hard learned seasoned knowledge with other Homemakers.
What will you get?
This is about you. I mean that, sincerely. This is a sharing place of information. You will get tips & tutorials about anything and everything related to being a Homemaker.
- Food: Recipes & Tips
- DIY: Home Décor, Simple DIY & Kids Crafts
- Holidays: Crafts, Food and Activities
- Health: Natural Solutions, Recipes and Fitness
- Homemaking: Resources to Make Life Easier
- Family: Parenting, Marriage and Resources
Now, if you really want to know something just About Me.
Most Important: I am a God loving, husband adoring, child devoting woman.
Here are 10 quick facts that will make us as close as peanut butter and jelly.
10 Fast Facts About Me
- We have lived in 8 states. 7 of them in the last 10 years. I have packed a four person family home for a move in less than two days.
- I am a blanket person. If you are a blanket person, you understand what I mean. If you are not, then don’t worry…I know you must be freezing…I have a blanket for you.
- Every day I attempt to drink my body weight in some combination of coffee, chai, kombucha tea, or water. You will always see a cup nearby me.
- Geese scare me. Too weird of a story behind that to explain.
- I love to read. Although, nowadays it’s mostly audio books for me. If you enjoy reading, you can check out my monthly book recommendations.
- I am a hooper. (hoop dancing/hooping)
- Likes: Dark Chocolate, Christmas, Gardening, Power Tools, Fourth of July, Sushi, Traveling and Fun Date Nights with the hubs (Skating, Bowling, Arcades, etc.).
- Dislikes: Folding Laundry, Debt and Big Purchase Stress, Clutter and Knick-Knacks, Coconut, Redhead Stereotypes, Being away from my family (I get homesick BAD).
- I’m terrified the boys will choke on something, and my husband is terrified they will poke their eyes out. Hard candy and Pencils have a very limited place in our home.
- You can regularly find my husband and I playing catch with a baseball in our front yard. Love it.